Free – Financial year end tax review with our Tax Team
Between now and April Leonherman is offering a free pre financial year end tax planning review – Click here to arrange a meeting with our tax team to take advantage of this year’s reliefs and ensure you are not missing out.
As the tax return deadline of 31st January 2014 is fast approaching, HMRC has revealed the ‘Top 10 oddest excuses’ for sending in a late tax return.
The following outrageous and somewhat bizarre excuses have all been used by taxpayers:
- My pet goldfish died
- I had a run-in with a cow
- After seeing a volcanic eruption on the news, I couldn’t concentrate on anything else
- My wife won’t give me my mail
- My husband told me the deadline was 31 March, and I believed him
- I’ve been far too busy touring the country with my one-man play (Coventry writer)
- My bad back means I can’t go upstairs, that’s where my tax return is
- I’ve been cruising round the world in my yacht, and only picking up post when I’m on dry land
- Our business doesn’t really do anything
- I’ve been too busy submitting my clients’ tax returns
I am sure it come as no surprise that all of the above people/businesses received a £100 penalty from HMRC for filing late.
If you have not yet sent your 2013 tax return to HMRC, you need to do so online and pay the tax you owe by 31st January 2014.
Should you require any assistance then please do not hesitate to contact our Tax Team or call 0161 249 5040