Health & Wellbeing Tax Plan

Health & Wellbeing



HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) latest campaign is targeting health and wellbeing professionals with taxable incomes. The Health and Wellbeing tax plan gives you an opportunity to bring your tax affairs up to date and get the best possible terms.

Tell HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) about income you haven’t declared by making your ‘voluntary disclosure’ before the 31st December 2013, and then pay what you owe by 6th April 2014 to avoid any penalties.

Who can do this?

You can report undeclared income if you work in a health and wellbeing profession such as:

  • Physical therapy – e.g. physiotherapist, chiropractor, chiropodist, osteopath or occupational therapist
  • Alternative medicine or therapy – e.g. homeopathy, acupuncture, nutritional therapy, reflexology or nutrition
  • Other therapy – e.g. psychology, speech therapy and arts therapy

Marian Wilson, Head of HMRC Campaigns is urging health professionals to consider this scheme,

“Healthcare professionals should take advantage of our quick and straightforward way of bringing their tax affairs up to date.”

“After 6th April 2014, we’ll use information held from third parties and regulatory bodies to identify people who have not paid what they owe. Penalties or even criminal prosecution may be implemented.”

How to declare income

You must:

  1. Fill in a notification form by 31 December 2013
  2. Fill in a disclosure form to disclose and pay what you owe by 6 April 2014

If you are unsure how this affects you contact our Tax team on 0161 249 5040